You must have public liability insurance if you’re putting on a production. Most schools, church halls, or arts buildings will have their own public liability insurance but you must check this before you start.

Public liability insurance protects you and your visitors and you must have it in place for even the smallest audience coming to see your show. This will cover you if someone trips, falls, is hurt by scenery, props, or lighting.

Other considerations are additional insurance for using special effects, such as pyrotechnics, smoke machines, dry ice, and so on.

If you have a band or orchestra you may also want to consider insuring their instruments. All performing arts insurance policies can be designed to cover just one show, or can be spread across the year.

Some great performing arts insurance companies can be found in the Arts On The Move Directory.

+44 (0) 7932551137

keep up to date


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format
WGGB Award